At McLardy McShane we believe that the true test of the value and integrity of the relationship with us is the provision of fast and efficient claims service and advice.
Our claims philosophy is built on four key principles:
- Act fairly in the interests of our clients in the event of a claim
- Assist our clients to understand overly technical policy interpretations
- Assist our clients to reduce the cost and the number of claims through effective risk management strategies
- Assist our clients through difficult times.
In the event of a claim, we undertake the following activities:
- Provide you with the insurer’s claim form
- Advise on the completion of the claim form
- Submit the claim form to the insurer
- Coordinate the appointment of key stakeholders such as assessors, restorers and repairers
- Negotiate any settlement of the claim with your insurer
- Provide advice and advocate on your behalf to ensure that full policy entitlements are received.
All losses or incidents which may result in a claim (other than worker’s compensation claims) are to be reported as soon as practicable after the event to the claims manager.
The first notification should be by telephone, email or fax, or as circumstances dictate and should include the following information:
- Description of incident
- Date and time
- Location where circumstances originated
- Estimate of loss
- Action being taken to minimise loss
- Loss minimisation
- Action should be immediately taken to protect property from further damage but no action should be taken to repair damage until instructed by your authorised representative or the loss adjusters.
The McLardy McShane property and motor claim forms can be found below to assist in reporting a claim with all relevant information more quickly and easily.
If you need to submit a claim please call 03 9290 9200. We can then supply you with specific advice and forms to expedite the process.