At McLardy McShane we believe that the true test of the value and integrity of the relationship with us is the provision of fast and efficient claims service and advice.
Our claims philosophy is built on a number of key principles:
- Act fairly in the interests of our clients in the event of a claim;
- Assist our clients to understand overly technical policy interpretations
- Assist our clients to reduce the cost and the number of claims through effective risk management strategies and
- Assist our clients through difficult times
In the event of a claim, we undertake the following activities:
- Provide you with the Insurer’s Claim Form
- Arrange for the Loss Assessor to be appointed if applicable
- Advise on the completion of the Claim Form
- Submit the Claim Form to the Insurer
- Negotiate any settlement of the claim with your Insurer
- Provide advice to ensure you have received your full entitlements
All losses or incidents which may result in a claim (other than Worker’s Compensation claims) are to be reported as soon as practicable after the event to the Claims Manager.
The first notification should be by telephone, e-mail or fax, or as circumstances dictate and should include the following information:
- Description of incident
- Date and Time
- Location where circumstances originated
- Estimate of loss
- Action being taken to minimise loss
- Loss Minimisation
- Action should be immediately taken to protect property from further damage but no action should be taken to repair damage until instructed by your Authorised Representative or the Loss Adjusters
If you need to submit a claim please email our Claims Manager by clicking here or call 9290 9200.